St. Louis is a city with a rich culinary history and a vibrant food scene. From classic barbecue and gooey butter cake to internationally-inspired dishes and craft breweries, there’s no shortage of great places to eat in the Gateway City. Here are some of the best places to check out on your next trip to St. Louis:
- Pappy’s Smokehouse: This iconic barbecue joint has been a St. Louis staple since 2008, serving up delicious slow-smoked ribs, pulled pork, and brisket. Don’t forget to try the famous “Frito pie,” a casserole-style dish made with Fritos, pulled pork, and cheese.
- The Hill: This neighborhood, located just south of downtown, is known for its Italian restaurants and bakeries. Some must-try spots include Charlie Gitto’s, which serves classic dishes like spaghetti carbonara and veal Marsala, and Romano’s Bakery, where you can get fresh bread, pastries, and gooey butter cake.
- Mission Taco Joint: This popular chain serves up delicious Mexican-inspired dishes, including tacos, burritos, and quesadillas. The menu features a wide range of options, from classic carne asada to more creative choices like fried avocado and Korean BBQ pork.
- Union Loafers Cafe & Bread Bakery: This popular bakery and cafe serves up fresh bread, pastries, sandwiches, and more. The menu changes daily, but you can always find a great selection of sourdough bread, sandwiches, and pastries.
- Schlafly Tap Room: Located in the historic Schlafly Bottleworks building, this brewery and restaurant serves up a wide range of craft beers and tasty pub grub. The menu features burgers, sandwiches, and other hearty dishes, all of which can be paired with one of the brewery’s many beers.
There are many other great places to eat in St. Louis, from classic diners and delis to trendy new restaurants. No matter what type of food you’re in the mood for, you’re sure to find something delicious in this city.